Friday, April 30, 2010

Food and Sleep Deprivation

Going through life is tough. Believe me, I'm the stereotypical teenager who knows that everyone's lives revolve around me and that if anything is out of whack it's a dramatic tragedy. I've got one for you though - try going through life without food or sleep. My thoughts on the matter are that you would most likely perish rather quickly, and you wouldn't have much to whine about.

I'm not much on whining myself, but I sometimes deprive myself of both of these necessities for days. I don't blame anyone but myself, but during school or work when I can only think of sleeping (usually I don't think much about food), I get upset with myself for having stayed up to late and gotten up too early the night before. Reasons for my sleep deprivation include, but are not limited to excessive fun, talking to friends, homework, homework, talking to friends, homework, chatting it up with my friends, and homework. Reasons for not eating include falling asleep when I get home from lack of sleep and not eating dinner...it's a vicious cycle, as evident.

I know I have a problem, and I should probably try to curb it...but as I sit here thinking about why I wait so long to post my blog drafts, I realize that these are contributing to this bad cycle. If I would simply post my drafts when I finish them instead of waiting until the end of the month, I wouldn't have to remember to post them all the time nor would I waste the time posting them all at the same time while I could be doing other things (SLEEPING!).

Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment