Friday, April 30, 2010

KOM Training

KOM training was today. To say the least, I am glad I decided to become a freshman mentor. I had so much fun with all the activities we did today. First, hats off to Mr. Lee, he was pretty great at getting us motivated and ready to stuff. Second, I say thank you to Mrs. Conkwright for making this all happen.

Now on to the details!

First, Mr. Lee had all of the KOM's fill out bingo cards with other people's names who fit the criteria in each box. The objective was to get to know more people (and get 3 bingos) I ended up 88th out of a little over a hundred....I was quite ashamed of myself, but oh well haha. Then we played the game Mr. Lee called the "High School" game, where people must bunch up in groups of how ever many people Mr. Lee called out, and if you were left out of a group when he blew the whistle, you lost and had to stand away from the rest of the action. I did pretty well in that I suppose.

Then we had story time!

After story time, we began learning a really cool dance. This and the "High School" game were my favorite activities. The order of events blur in my memory from here, but there was a hand slapping game that involved the calling out and remembering of other people's names, and some paper work that wasn't as fun, but didn't really detract from the day in general. Overall, I had a great time, and I hope my freshman benefit because of my effort today at training. FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR MY FRESHMEN!

Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment